Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We were driving home from school and Jacey saw a truck being towed that he thought was cool.  He kept staring at it till it was out of sight.  He asked me if I could see it still, to which I answered no.  He said, "I can.  I can zoom in with my eyes."

We were running late on Sunday morning and I had been rushing everyone to hurry because I didn't want to get there late.  Jacey said the family prayer and in it he said, "Please bless that we can get to church in 10 seconds."  Jeffrey was staying home sick and in the same prayer, he also asked, "Please bless Jaclyn to not get sick, cause she accidentally got in Daddy's face."  He's so aware of everyone's needs.

This next one is not funny, but very sweet and actually kind of sad.  Jacey was saying morning prayer another day before Jeffrey left for work.  This is what he said. "Please bless that Daddy won't get in a car accident.  And if he does get in a car accident, please bless that he won't die." I couldn't have said it better myself!!


Jaclyn was sitting on the couch with her arms hovering about a foot off the seat.  I asked her what she was doing.  She said, "I'm trying to fly.  But it's not working.  I think I need special powers."

Jaclyn was saying family prayer and at the end of it, she threw in, "please bless that we can be in Hawaii and be mermaids."

We were reading from the Book of Mormon about when Jesus came to the Nephites and was healing the sick.  I told the kids about different types of illnesses that Jesus healed.  Jacey asked what it was called when people's skin would fall off.  I said it was leprecy.  He said, "That happens to me sometimes." 

2 comments:

Kandice Stewart said...

I seriously love that you write these moments down... because they could be so easy to forget... but this way you will always remember them. Is it sad that I have a document on my computer that I always update when BRADY says funny things!? Hahaha its because I know I'll forget them if I don't write them down! lol... I guess in a way he's my own kid to write about! hhaa

Pat and Anndalyn said...

Oh man, this blog is classic! I cried laughing at some of these. Love you girl! I gave a presentation on the mission for a primary this Saturday. I was so over whelmed in a room surrounded with mission stuff. What a special time of my life. I gave them Ceres to drink :) Thinking of you beautiful!! Miss you!