Jaclyn and Claire were playing in Jaclyn's room with both doors closed. I heard faint yelling and then all of a sudden, Jaclyn comes charging through the doors with Claire trailing close behind! Claire was yelling, "Jaclyn, I won't toot anymore!!" Jaclyn, still trying to escape Claire, hid her face in the couch and said "But I'm still smelling it!!"
I was cooking dinner and Jaclyn was in the kitchen with me, hanging off my legs. She started to hit me and was laughing about it. After about the 20th hit, I finally said, "Jaclyn please stop, it's not funny!!" She said, "Okay, I won't laugh anymore." Then continued to hit me with a straight face.
We were eating dinner and I had prepared the broccoli differently than I ever had before. I thought it was pretty darn good!! (recipe found here ). I asked Jacey if he liked it. He said, "It's not that good, but I still like it." I said, "But Jacey, it's the best broccoli I've ever had, I love it!!!" He peered at me skeptically and said, "Have you tasted it?" Ouch! :)
We were eating dinner and I had prepared the broccoli differently than I ever had before. I thought it was pretty darn good!! (recipe found here ). I asked Jacey if he liked it. He said, "It's not that good, but I still like it." I said, "But Jacey, it's the best broccoli I've ever had, I love it!!!" He peered at me skeptically and said, "Have you tasted it?" Ouch! :)
This isn't really funny, it's just something cute that Jaclyn observed today. She was helping me prepare dinner and we were crushing garlic. She thinks garlic is disgusting, absolutely can't stand the smell! As I was chopping and crushing, she kept saying how stinky it was. I kept telling her that it was sticky too. After we traded our adjectives back and forth for a while, she said, "Stinky and sticky are related, right?" I asked her, "Because they both sound the same?" "Yeah." Smart girl!
I found some funny things I had put into my phone a while ago that I was meaning to put on here. I'm so glad I wrote them down while I did, because I had completely forgotten about them! They're both things Jacey said. I don't remember the context of the first one, only the phrase. "Heaven's the name of the town Jesus lives in." Haha, that boy kills me. The second is after he found an eyelash on his face and was holding it on his finger, about to blow it off and make a wish. Instead of doing it himself, he held his finger out to Jeffrey and said, "Here Dad, you can wish that mom won't be insane at you." Nice.
2 comments:
Jacey says the most interesting things. I never thought about Heaven as being a city. He really thinks about things. Talk about relating scriptures and things to our own lives!! You better get a new Broccoli Recipe! haha
I might try it to see who I agree with.
I think it's funny that Jaclyn used the word 'related'. Her little brain is working hard. She's great.
Emily, quit being insane!!!
Haha those kids are too smart for their own good!
Post a Comment